2016 CWR Information
2016 CWR Tentative Event Details
* Experience the clamor and valor of battle reenactments
* Take a living history tour through Union & Confederate Army camps and civilian camps
* Encounter period artists documenting military camp action
* Hear President Lincoln deliver the moving Gettysburg Address
* Visit period artisans - weavers & spinners, lace makers, rifle maker, boat & broom makers, blacksmiths and quilters - as they demonstrate the skills and arts of the Civil War era.
* Converse with historic figures including Abraham Lincoln, Jefferson Davis and Harriet Tubman
* Watch historical entertainments
* Stomp your feet and slap your knee to the sound of fiddles and voices rising in song
* Tour the historic Kearney Mansion (Separate entrance fee)
* Enjoy a nostalgic horse-drawn carriage ride
* Shop the Historical Society's Old Glory Mercantile for a commemorative 2016 Civil War Revisited event T-shirt, period memorabilia, books, toys & candy
* Visit the Kearney Mansion Carriage house and learn about period children's games and activities
* More food choices for 2016
* No scrip
* Cash accepted everywhere
Admission: $10 for adults, $5 for children 6-12, 5 and under free. Free parking included!
Tickets will be available at Valleyhistory.org beginning September 1, 2016 and at the Event Entrance Area on the south side of Kearney Park on the day of the event. Separate entrance fee per day. Cash only, please.
There will be an ATM onsite.
Tentative 2016 CWR Event Schedule
(Subject to Change)
Saturday, October 22
Event Hours: 10 AM - 10 PM
Battle Reenactments - 1 PM & 4:30 PM
Sunday, October 23
Event Hours: 10 AM - 3 PM
Battle Reenactment - 1:30 PM
VOLUNTEERS NEEDED! Click Here for more info
Fresno Historical Society/Kearney Park, 7160 W Kearney Blvd, Fresno, CA 93706